Sexual Harassment Health and Safety Laws Unions Human Rights Workers' Compensation Civil Criminal Workplace Harassment Prevention Training Contact Us Apply Now

Remedies under Criminal Law

When sexual harassment is a crime, such as sexual assault or criminal harassment, there are a number of remedies that may be available to you.

When a Crime is Reported

When you report sexual harassment that is a crime to the police you can:

When there is Criminal Conviction

If the police charge the harasser and they are convicted of a crime the court can:

  • Order the harasser to have no contact with you.
  • Place the harasser on probation.
  • Order the harasser to pay you restitution to cover expenses you have incurred or damages to your property.
  • Fine the harasser.
  • Sentence the harasser to jail time.

Was it easy to find what you were looking for on this site?

Did the information on this site help you understand workplace sexual harassment?

Did the information on this site help you understand processes for dealing with workplace sexual harassment?

Was there information about workplace sexual harassment that you needed that was not on the site?

This site provides general information about workplace sexual harassment only. It is not a substitute for receiving legal advice about your situation. Apply now to receive 4 hours of free legal advice.

The Shift Project is funded by the Department of Justice and delivered by the Public Legal Education Association of Saskatchewan (PLEA).

Privacy Policy | Social Media Policy